Your ‘Book of Nature” encapsulates the goodness of God in the simple things of nature. I see how easily you are inspired by Henri’s writings, and I’m happy to reblog this here for others to enjoy as well. Thank you, Daryl, for faithfully encouraging my writing…I so appreciate you!
God’s a hidden Presence
This truth we are aware
If we let nature speak
We see, He’s everywhere
Through beauty of this world
When we pause and still
These wonders indicate
Gods’ Presence and His will
Though the book of nature
Can’t be reduced to words
And activity is heard
How do the sun and stars?
The rhythm of our days
Speak of God’s great glory
Wonder and His ways
As we become attune
To listen and to seek
Through nature of surrounding
Are means which God can speak
(based upon words by Henri Nouwen)
I really like the way you compare the good taste of butter on bread to God’s abundance of goodness for us all, so happy to re-blog this here, much thanks, Kamal.
–A warm slice of bread soaks in the butter that is abundantly spread on it. The butter will melt so beautifully and tastes so yummy and delicious. It does not matter how much butter we put, but if the bread is cold, the butter will stay on the surface only. It will not melt even if you want to. Bite into it and you will see how different the two taste.
–It is the same bread and same butter but a world of a difference in the taste. The melted butter tasted just right but the cold butter had no taste at all. And so, it is dear friends with the Blessings in our life too. It does not matter how abundantly our Lord blesses us, showers us with His unconditional love but if we are not gracious in our acceptance of what he has to give us…
View original post 163 more words
What a perky advisement to shoo away any Monday blues, and gladly share with many here through this re-blog…Woohoo!
- Throw out non-essential and critical numbers. This includes your age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them. Just learn to let go and enjoy who you really are.
- Keep only cheerful and exuberant friends who love to make you stay beautiful and young. The grouches pull you down. Do not let them affect you.
- Keep learning. Knowledge is very important. Learn more about the computer, crafts, arts and gardening, whatever you like. Never let the brain be idle. “An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.” And the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s.
- Enjoy the simple things in life that add great value to your life. They will never come back.
- Laugh often, long and loud, laugh until you gasp for breath. Laughter is the greatest medicine that keeps the Doctor away.
- The tears do happen. We must learn to Endure, grieve and move…
View original post 163 more words
You did not miss one blessed aspect of nature in this post, so I am happy to re-blog it it for others to delight in, merci beaucoup!
Sitting in wonder at the promenade
Watching stars dancing in a cluster
Twinkling, giving beams of light
Bursting organdie sunsets in flames of fire
Honey covered twilight
Flowing in its rhythmic tunes
Clouds turning into cotton pillows
Time to take a sweet nap
Golden rays shining as yellow hues
Upon the silvery waves
Creating ripples along the way
A cool breeze gently rolling by
Birds fast asleep in their branches
Not a noise from the rustling leaves
Night approaches shyly and timidly
In all her pretty dimpled boots
Halogen lights shining a shade better
A Mystical feeling of quietness
Pervades in the freshness of spring
A charming verse upon my lips
Unbelievable is nature
And I bow to its beauty and imagination…………..
Your thoughtful words take me as to a special mental retreat, special to re-blog here for others to enjoy as well, Merci!
Life is like making a hot cup of tea
Boil your Ego over a slow flame
Evaporate your Worries
Dilute your Sorrows
Filter your Mistakes
Stir your mental Hatreds
Throw your Jealousies to the wind
Stop focusing on the negatives
Instead get a taste of Happiness
By stirring Sugars of Love
Adding Milk of Cheerfulness
Mixing tea leaves of Hope
Being Grateful to Life
Beautiful moments of Serenity
Radiating abundance and beauty
Pouring hot tea of Blessings
In pretty cups of Chinaware
Smelling the rich Warmness
Within hearts full of Joy………………………